Military insurance covers two groups of insured persons: those who carry out occasional service activity and those who are insured for the duration of their professional duty. The second group can remain insured under their military insurance after they retire.
The list of insured persons can be found under Art. 1a MillA.
Military insurance provides cover against accident and disease for the following persons:
- serving or retired militia military personnel and professional military staff
- persons performing civil defence
- persons performing civilian service
- those participating in the Confederation’s peacekeeping activities and good offices
- members of the Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit.
Last modification 05.07.2018