Military insurance covers two groups of people – those who serve intermittently and professional members of the armed forces, who are insured for the duration of their service.
The persons covered by military insurance are specified in Art. 1a of the Military Insurance Act (MVG).
The following are insured against accident and illness:
- serving or retired militia personnel and professional members of the armed forces
- persons performing civil protection service
- persons performing civilian service
- persons engaged in Swiss peacekeeping operations or good offices
- members of the Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit
Last modification 29.05.2020