The health of certain sections of the migrant population in Switzerland is at greater risk than that of the local population. The federal administration’s programme on migration and health (2002-2017) was designed to improve the health literacy of the migrant population and help healthcare professionals deal with patients of different origins.
Description of the Swiss Programme on Migration and Health:
- Activities of the Swiss Hospitals for Equity (PDF, 527 kB, 10.04.2018)
- Call to Action Swiss Hospitals (PDF, 63 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Guidelines Hospitals Project (PDF, 46 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Evaluation Hospitals Project (PDF, 50 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Migrants Use of Healthcare (PDF, 66 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Reproductive Health of Migrants (PDF, 283 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Maternal and Infant Health (PDF, 30 kB, 02.02.2017)
- Undocumented Migrants People (PDF, 1 MB, 02.02.2017)
- Undocumented Migrants Policies (PDF, 1 MB, 02.02.2017)
- Undocumented Migrants Practices (PDF, 1 MB, 02.02.2017)
Health equity is of great importance. The National Strategy for the Prevention of Non-communicable Diseases (NCD-Strategy) and the National Strategy on Addiction and Mental Health focused on this topic in 2018.
Further information are only available in German or French:
Conference on Equity in Healthcare
The Conference on Equity in Healthcare will take place on the 15th October 2019 in Berne. The FOPH is organizing this conference with the support and participation of the National Research Programme ’Smarter Health Care’ (NRP 74) and the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+). It will focus on methodological issues related to measuring, documenting and understanding equity in healthcare.
Register by Monday, 30 September via the following link:
Registration Conference on Equity in Healthcare
Last modification 28.06.2019